Once you've added a Spreadsheet-based questionnaire in the Adding a questionnairemodal, you will be presented with an importer step that helps Conveyor create an accurate map of the questions, answer, and comment cells. This facilitates an export back into the original spreadsheet format at the end of the process.
For a short video tutorial, check out this video
Hit "Mayday!" if you need help
We know we're preaching to the choir here, but questionnaires come in such varied formats, you may occasionally find yourself attempting to upload an Excel spreadsheet that our importer just can't accommodate.
That's OK! Just hit the "Mayday!" button in the upper-right corner of the importer if you need help with a given questionnaire.
Conveyor will present a preview of the questionnaire, with all its tabs along the bottom. Select the tab that is most representative of the overall question structure (for example, the tab with the most questions on it). Next:
- Question: Click on the cell in the topmost rowcontaining question text. In the example below, this would be cell C5.
- Main Answer: Next, click the cell where the "main answer" should go for the corresponding question. If your spreadsheet has a column that contains dropdown options (like "Yes", "No", "N/A"), that's the column you want. In the example below, this would be cell D5.
- Comments: Finally, click the cell where the "comments" or "justification" should go for the corresponding question. In the example below, this would be cell E5. If your spreadsheet does not have a separate column for comments/justification, click "Skip Comments".
Once you provide a hint, SmartSelect will run and try to find additional questions that fit the same pattern. From here:
- Click Yes or No if you'd like to accept or reject the SmartSelect questions.
- Add or remove questions of the same pattern by clicking them
- You can clear all the selected questions on a page by clicking the Clear All (Eraser) icon
To import questions on other tabs, navigate using the tab selectors on the bottom of the screen. If the questions follow the same pattern as your previous tab, simply click the first question, and SmartSelect will automatically look for matching patterns again.
If your spreadsheet has other patterns of questions and answers, you can click "Update pattern selection" at any time. That will allow you to define a new Question, Answer, and optional Comment pattern. SmartSelect will run yet again after you make your first selection on a given tab.
Once everything looks good, hit "Import and Answer" on the bottom-right of your screen:
Your questions will load, and the AI will get to work retrieving answers. You can navigate away from the window at this point and return when the AI has finished (you will receive an email when it's all done), or you can jump into questions right away.
Updated 12 days ago